Monday 20 July 2009

Tapping Magic

I was meant to write this post yesterday, but it hadn't been written. Or conceived for that matter. Because I have been a little down in the dumps, not quite knowing why.

But this evening I remembered - and then I kicked myself because this isn't the first time it's happened.

You see, I am a wizard. And the source of my magic is exercise. I come back from a run and am full of zest and lust for life.

Forms of Power

Maybe your power comes from somewhere else. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was exercise or some sort of active activity. Just watch the lives of many big names and they all have some sort of regular workout going on. Let's look at a couple of my idols:

Jonathan Mead
Mr Mead, who runs Illuminated Mind, is big on his martial arts: he's a practitioner of Jeet Kune Do - an art (and philosophy) founded by none other than Bruce Lee.
I also hear he's a keen drummer, which is a big workout in itself.

Havi Brooks
Good old Havi, of The Fluent Self, follows the Dance of Shiva. Again, an activity which has a bit of a spiritual side to it. But an activity none-the-less. And she just radiates amazingness.

This is just one component of leading a happy and successful life. But to me it seems to be one of the most important.

You
So how about you? Is exercise also the source of your power, or do you have some other place you tap from? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment