Sunday 21 December 2008

Landmarks, Junctions, Etc.


Adventuring

This morning was adventure time for myself and Lee.

Last night I had spied, on Google maps, what appeared to be a bridge across the River Stour. This particular bridge would be very useful if it turned out to be a safe route across the river, as many of the places I tend to go to on the other side are pretty much bang in the middle of the only other usable bridges.

So we went to investigate.

As it turns out, the bridge is heavily guarded by many fences and lots of barbed wire. Back in the day this area used to be some sort of army vehicle testing ground. Now it's used by QinetiQ for their nefarious purposes. And that would be why mere mortals may not use the bridge.

So that was a bit of a disappointment, though an educating one.

We also milled around by the car dealership and down near the railway lines just to see if there was anything interesting. Other than a secret (or at least not completely obvious) trail to a random car park there wasn't much else to do around.

So we went home.

Maths
I also managed to do some maths last night, and got a working script out at the end of my laborious session. It gives me a matrix equation... now I just need to work out how to solve it. Not as simple as I thought.

Morals
  • If there's a really useful bridge that you never knew about, it's probably Not For You.
  • Maths sucks

No comments:

Post a Comment