Sunday 12 July 2009

Untitled #2

The SRA awards. Awards for student radio stations. For those of you who don't know, I spent the past two years working with Surge in Southampton.

This one last thing I'm doing for them is putting together their entry for Station of the Year award. And, as with every task or project like this for the past three years (and probably more), I have left it until the very last minute.

Patterns, eh?

Don't ask me why it's like this. It is something I really want to do. Maybe I don't want to do the hard work associated with it, maybe I'm scared of doing a bad job and letting down the station. Maybe finishing this entry signifies me cutting the last link to the best year of my life, or finishing it means I have to actually get on with job hunting (oh, the job hunting!).

And the deadline is about three days away. Looks like another issue I'm going to have to bulldoze through for now.

Another thing that's come up in all this is my inability to say "no". For some reason I've taken it upon myself to coordinate the whole of the station on the creation of individual entries for Best Show, Best DJ, etc. and am now offering help and critique to the people entering these awards. Not that I don't want to be helpful, it's just that it puts unnecessary stress onto me. Actually I have some ideas on this but it's going to take some more thinking.

Not that life is bad or anything. Just a little bit hectic. Feeling resistance that I'd rather not feel.

Elsewhere in the news

I have ordered the Shiva Nata starter kit from the lovely Havi... I'll let you know how that goes.

Don't judge.

And finally, I have been writing this post from The Bottom Of The Airing Cupboard and it has been amazingly easy to concentrate, if a little cramped.

And That's How.. For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment